I know how eager Camon C8 users has been as they expect the arrival of an Update for their device. They've waited so long and finally, their long wait i think has paid off as Android 6.0 Marshmallow is finally available to them. On this Post, You'll be learning How to easily Update your Camon C8 With The New marshmallow Android Os
Normally, there are 2 ways to get the new Google OS running on your device. One of the ways is for you to exercise patient for Over The Air (OTA) update to appear on your phone. This may come anytime as OTA updates are usually released in batches hence, not everyone get’s it at the same time.
The second way of getting the Android 6.0 upgrade into your Tecno C8 is through a downloaded .zip file. Fortunately, Tecno Forum has made this zipped file available for everyone who can not wait any longer for the OTA update.
There are 2 method of flashing the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update into the Tecno Camon C8. You can flash it through TF Card or using SP Flash tools, but the available software for now is via TF Card, so that means, the below guide will focus on how to upgrade your Tecno C8 via TF Card method and the post will be update later as soon as we got software for SP Flash Tool method.
If you have already rooted your Tecno C8, to be on a safer side, you're strongly advised to Unroot. Upgrading an already rooted device Over-the-Air or via TF card can get the device bricked.
Never forget to back up your files, contact and essential apps before you begin, because the flashing process will re-brand your smartphone and thus clear all your important data and files.
Steps To Upgrade Tecno C8 To Android 6.0 Marshmallow Via TF Card
- Download the Tecno C8 Marshmallow update here (867MB)
- Place Tcard_update_20160415 on your SD Card (Do not put it inside any folder)
- Switch off your Tecno Camon C8
- Hold Power Button + Volume Up until you see the startup logo then release the Power Button Only after which you’ll see the Android logo.
- Hold the Power Button for 2 seconds and then press Volume Up button without releasing the power button until you see the below image.
- Use Volume Down to navigate to Apply update from sdcard then press the Power Button to select.
- Use the Volume Down to navigate to Tcard_update_20160415 then select it with the Power Button
- The installation will begin and when it is done you will see the interface as seen below.
- Select Reboot system now
Now That's how its done, i Hope you enjoyed this tutorial?