With the release of Android 6.0 Marshmallow, Android fans on previous versions are seeking for ways through which they can upgrade their devices to either the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow or the former Android 5.1 Lollipop!
I would suggest you Walk Into Any Renown Tech shop Like Bros J Communications Here in Warri, Delta state or Any Good Phone Repair Shop closest to your Location where you might be charged N1,000 (A Thousand Naira or More for the Upgrade)
Or If you have a good internet Connectivity or Wi-fi, i suggest you learn how you can upgrade your own infinix Device By Yourself By Following the Steps Below!
This Post was created with the Intention of providing assistance to those who would want to Run Upgrades on Any Infinix Device!
Infinix Devices Include:
Infinix ZERO 2
Infinix HOTE NOTE
Infinix HOT 2
Infinix NOTE 2
Infinix ZERO 3
Infinix HOT 3
And The steps below will guide you through the process involved in upgrading your Infinix Hot Note to Android 5.1 Lollipop
Things You'll Need to Run Android 5.1 Upgrade On Infinix Hot Note
1. A laptop Running on windows 7/8/8.1/10
2. A good USB Cable
If you are having a Hot Note Pro (2GB + 32GB Version of HOT NOTE) You can get the ROM file HERE
5. SP Flashtool
Having downloaded all files in 3,4 and 5 above,
Try as much as you can to install files specified on 4 and 5
After installing 4 and 5 above, you are ready to go!
Please ensure you enable USB DEBUGGING MODE By navigating through Settings> Developer Options> Enable USB Debugging!
It is also recommended that you Remove you SD Card if any and if you have a PC, back up your files on the Hard-drive of your PC!You Can Back Up Your Files Using This App which is available on Playstore
1. Be Sure your phone (Hot Note) is Still On and very well charged. Also "Unroot your phone" if it's rooted, you can easily unroot with King Root App.
2. Go to where you Extracted your SP Flash Tool v5.1352.01, inside it, you'll find the file name flash_tool.exe , right click and Run it as Administrator.
For the first time, it will bring a Window saying - The Scatter file cannot found, please make sure the file is exist before download.
Just ignore that by clicking OK.
3. Click SCATTER LOADING, this opens your folder. Navigate into the folder where you had extracted the Lollipop ROM file for Infinix Hot Note X551.
According to my screenshot, I saved my Rom in my Desktop.
Select the scatter file with name - MT6592_Android_scatter.txt
Wait till it completely loads up on the flash programs.
4. On the SP Flas-htool, where you see Download only, click and change it to FIRMWARE UPGRADE
5. This is the tricky part, you'll pass if you follow carefully.
>> Pick up the phone, it should be still ON at this stage >> Now plug the USB
On your Flash-tool, Click DOWNLOAD icon, wait for some seconds... no worries, nothing happens here.
While it is still plugged in, Now Power OFF your Hot Note Device.
Seconds later, some readings will display on the SP flash tool.
6. Give it some time, Do NOT interrupt the process (well, unless you want to brick your device)
7. When the Process is Complete and successful, You'll get a Green Check Mark saying Download OK in the Flash-tool on your PC, now you can unplug your phone.
Power ON the device, Keep calm as this will take a while since it's the first time.
When it's finally On, Follow the Instructions on the Welcome message and we're done!
If you Have Successfully Followed The Steps highlighted above, You sure of having an Infinix Hot Note device Running On Android 5.1 Lollipop!
I officially welcome you to the world of Lollipop