Formally, i didn't like Airtel that much as a network, but after learning a few tricks about this Nigerian giant mobile network, i had no choice but to make it the best there is in Nigeria and this is for the following reasons.
1. Airtel has the cheapest call rates and data rates across all networks in Nigeria. but if you are still charged heavily on calls and you still have to buy another recharge card and subscribe for internet plans.
2. the airtel customer care service is one of the best, they dont just answer you oooo. they render the best service and are also patient.
3. Unlike other networks (especially MTN, the airtel customer care is quick and prompt, and you are sure and certain they will answer you)
SIMPLY FOLLOW THESE STEPS (LIKE I DID) AND SET YOUR SELF FREE FROM THE UNNECESSARY SPENDING S ON CARDS
1. I dial *337# to get the one sim package where i am given 100% bonus for weekday and weekend calls.
2. I use the original loaded credit to subscribe for the 6gb airtel bis data for N3,000
3. I then use the N1,500 weekday bonus to call all networks through the month at 40 kobo per sec and 2 kobo per second to 2 registered airtel numbers (*337*2*number#) and the N1,500 weekend bonus through the weekend. The weekend bonus must be finished by Sunday as it has only 2 days weekend validity.
4. In essence, I use N3,000 for 6gb data subscription and use the bonus for calls through the month.
The sweetest thing about these is that the data can be used on #iPhone6, Android Phones, you can also share data via Hotspot to your playbook and iPad.